Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Hello, knitting world!

So, hi. I am, as they say on the 'net, a newbie. Or, if you're more drawn to the gaming side of things (as I am), a n00b.

Well, not to the Internet, but to knitting.

I just started this summer - in June, I think - and I don't know if I've been the same since.

I've been looking for a relaxing thing for so long, and I've finally found it in knitting. It doesn't help that I've finally accepted my yarn addiction. Let's not talk about how much I have after just a few months. (I've put a moratorium on buying more, by the way. No matter how many 40% off coupons I have for Michael's.)

So, I hope to document the things I'm making, review a few items from time to time, and show the world how I'm using my yarn. If I make a few friends doing it - that's just fine. If you want to contact me on Ravelry (where I'm not too awesome at keeping up with stuff, other than adding it to my faves), you can do so via the button to the right, or just click here.

Since I've started knitting, what have I made?

Well, so far, just a hat. But, to be fair, I've got a lot less time now. I've now just started carrying my latest...well, second project (a shawl using some nice Malabrigo silky merino) in my purse, and I pull it out all the time. A few stitches at a time! I'm now over halfway done, and I need to take pictures of what it looks like. With something more than my phone, I think.

If you can't tell, I've got a tendency to bite off more than I can chew. I probably should have stuck to the most basic of things, but I figure I can learn as I need it a lot better than learning everything and then only using it a little bit at a time. I don't know, maybe that's how everyone does it. But at least I'm having fun my way.

But now, since it's like, 4 a.m.? It's time for sweet slumber. Silly blog customization taking all night to look right!

Sweet dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading! If your comment requires it, I'll do my best to get back to you ASAP.