Friday, July 29, 2011

Hiya!

So, I'm getting a giant influx of people today, mostly because they're clicking through here after seeing my husband's blog. (Thanks, CNN. Aside: My husband is a hottie.)



First, I wanted to let you know a little bit about BeKnown, which is my current work endeavor. BeKnown is an app that connects to your Facebook profile, but it also lets you create a completely separate profile for networking use! That's great if you want to connect with your boss on a social network, but you don't want him or her to see those party photos...well, this is a solution for that.

Your BeKnown profile acts as a resume as well — when you use the built-in job search and application section, your profile is sent along as a resume. It's all really, really neat.

I'm hoping you'll give it a try. If you do, it'll really help me out! If you want to, click here to get to the app. If you want to connect with me (and you totally do!) click here to get to my profile.

Anyway, I thought it would be horribly unfair to leave this completely unupdated. School and work are ruling my life right now! But I am knitting, albeit very slowly.

I made a hat for my best friend's baby. I named said hat the Jellybeanie.
I really need to send it along, what with babies growing so quickly. It's not like I can wear it. Yes, I tried:
See? No dice. Anyway, after that, I went back to making something for myself. I'd just link the pattern, but it's Ravelry and all that, so I'll just say it's one of the many cable-and-lace remakes of Hermione's hat from the sixth Harry Potter film. I'm making mine in purple.

It's my very first cable project, so I'm excited. I think it's going well enough so far. (Sorry that this picture's kinda dark.)
I know it's gonna take me a while to finish this up — I've got to repeat the pattern rows ten more times. That's a lot of stitches, and I'm still pretty slow. I'm happy with the progress, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading! If your comment requires it, I'll do my best to get back to you ASAP.